Sunday, March 23, 2008

Journal #14 - Cultural identity


I think ordinary people don't have much stuffs to show they are unique. but each human has some personal abilities or personalities. I think nationality or race don't make us unique. some people ar asian,some caucasian,some black and... so I don't care cause everyone is human. I think education is the most important thing that can make someone unique.and second thing is someone with high character. everyone want to be unique in the world, so they want to have some fame. some people sing,act,study and exercise to become a unique person, someone who when is walking in the street everyone show him/her and say hey that singer!hey that actress!

so I am an ordinary person for now and i'd like to become a unique person by education and wealth. besides i use my country's symbols,tradions and politiness to show my culture. for example in Iran children respect adults much. when an old person or a woman come to a room people who are smaller and men should stand up for showing respect to the woman or the old guy. or during a party when someone wants to leave have to say goodbye to everyone one and one! besides I tried to learn persian dances,music and all related things to my country.I think as a teen we can't have much stuffs to be unique in the society.

1 comment:

leinster said...

You are unique now. Wealth and education certainly adds to the flavor of how people see us. But the core of you is already there, certainly different from everyone else.